Thursday, July 30, 2009

Train Trip 2009: Part 4

From Pittsburg, we traveled to Palmyra. On our way we stopped at the Peter Whitmer Farm. It is so pretty there, and the visitors center is really neat.



Then we arrived in Palmyra. There is nothing like it. Atleast not that I have seen:) It is beautiful beyond description, seriously! There we visited the GRanin Printshop (where the first Book of Mormon was printed), Saw the TEmple and Hill Cummorah, and visited the Smith Family Homestead and the Sacred Grove.















The Sacred Grove truly should be a post in it's own, but it is so amazing. Walking through is so peaceful, and you just know that something amazing happened there. The spirit is so strong. My testimony of Josepg Smith has benn strengthened tenfold because of this trip, and because of the Sacred Grove in particular. He truly is a man and Prophet of God. I am humbled my all that he did so that we could have the Gospel today. I am blessed.

No comments: