Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Small Town USA

This song makes me heart sick for home. I have lived in the Valley for 8 years, but yet somehow it still doesn't feel like "home". Home is small, everybody knows everybody, houses aren't on top of each other. I want my girls to have the kind of life that I did. Out in the country. We rode horses, went spotlighting for fun, shot paintballs with a slingshot as we drove through town in Taralee's "Wild Thang". I know our time will come when we can do that again, but here is to hoping it is sooner rather than later. I am a country girl, and that's the life I want. I'm feeling the need for a trip "home"... anyone want to go on a road trip?

5 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

I nearly have tears! I know exactly what you mean. Jer has promised me that we will retire in Pinetop. That is way far away :( We will have to carpool sometime up to "home". (I will just pretend you aren't a Show Low person...haha j/k)

Taralee said...

I'll drive...you sleep!
And i'll also sing as loud as I possibly can to any and all songs.

I loved the wild crazy things we did in "wildthang"...GOOD TIMES!!

Taralee said...

by the way...La la la LOVE the new fam picture up top! SO dang cute.

Dustin said...

I'm right there with you lady...someday right?! Well for me it's like 22 years, but it's still a possibility! I guess you, me & Heidi will just have to suffer down here together until we get to go back up the mountain!

jes said...

yea i love it. i didn't at first, but i don't think i would survive living down there again. (k i would, but not happily)
let me know when you come up! we'd love a visit!
and i love your family picture! so so cute..