Saturday, October 4, 2008

Disneyland 2008

Last weekend we went to Disneyland. We left for Yuma on Wednesday night, and got up early Thursday morning to make the rest of the Drive to the "Magical World of Disney". My mother-in-law, and Aaron's brother and sis-in-law went with us as well. We had tons of fun! Thursday we checked into our hotel, and then hurried off to the park to spend the rest of the night. Friday we woke up early to get to the park for our scavenger hunt (which out team won by the way, and the reason for the matching black and pink shirts)! That lasted until about noon. We then spent the rest of the day riding rides, and checking out the cute shops. Saturday was our day at California Adventure. We had tons of fun there. We then ended our trip with a little shopping trip in Disneyland, loaded the car, and arrived back in Yuma at 2 am. Spent the morning in Yuma, and very hesitantly headed back to Surprise. We had SO much fun! The girls were angels and amazed by it all. Bailey asks to go back EVERY day! It had been years since either Aaron or I had been, and now we are hooked. We decided it will be a yearly thing. Ok... there are TONS of pictures, but I don't want to forget anything. So, here you go:
Bailey rode the Carousel at least 3 times!
Bailey anxiously awaiting the parade!
Waiting for the parade to start.
Parade was worth the wait. To say she loved it is an understatement.
Tired, sweaty family after first day at Disneyland!
Gracie being cute and SO good!
Bailey got a Halloween face paint!
Waiting for Mom to finish a ride (Dad doesn't do roller coasters)!
Bailey and Woody.
Bailey on Pooh's honey.
Bailey loved Winnie the Pooh.
Minnie Mouse Gracie!
Grandma bought Bailey a princess whose skirt twirled. The girls thought it was so funny!

We cannot wait until next year!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Ok.. FIRST, and most importantly... you look good! How much weight have you lost now? You really do look great!
Those pictures really do look so fun! We went in March and I was SO tired and grouchy!! It just seemed like too much work! Although, three kids really is a lot harder when it comes to outings and such I think. Maybe. Or.... I'm just a grouchy, not fun girl, I don't know! :)
Yes you can absolutely do the tutu and shirt thing! Like I care... I AM NOT like that! :) It'll be so cute and fun, if I lived closer I'd let you use my shirt, because it's basically brand new. Oh well. WE ARE COMING OVER THERE! I promise. Now that the weather is cooling down we can go to the zoo and hang. I AIN'T LION.... Haha... ok. I'm leaving now... long day...
I miss you!

Cassie Hancock said...

ashley,
how in the world do you get those headings? maybe my blog just doesn't work with that i do not know.

from,
cassie

bematheson said...

AWww im glad you guys won, im jealous i want to go to disneyland. Im glad you had fun adn the girls were good for you, that always makes trips funner.

Addie Gaylord said...

that is so fun!! i am so glad to know it went smooth with two kids. we are going this friday and i have never been, let alone with two kids so i am a little nervous to say the least. such cute little girls.
did bailey get to ride on a lot of the rides? i am nervous will be to short for a lot of the stuff.

The Hanchetts said...

that looks SO fun!! I'm glad that the girls were so good and you guys enjoyed your vacation!
Do you still dislike character shirts? :)I still miss seeing your girls!!

jes said...

how fun!! i want to go!

Twisted Sweeties said...

We went to Disney the Monday after you! Too bad we couldn't coordinate! I'm glad you had fun. Did you check out the California Adventure parade? That was my girls' favorite.