Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Love a Good Read


I just finished this book and it was AWESOME. Seriously, for all of you moms who need some inspiration... this is the book for you. I truly loved it and felt like it was written just for me. I even went so far as to highlight all of the things that I wanted to remember, and that was quite a bit. As a mom I feel like I get busy with so many different things, and am being pulled in so many different ways that I am a "jack of all trades, master of none". I work from home and between that, my girls, husband, house, and everything that comes with it I can get a bit overwhelmed. This book helped me understand that I am doing my best. What I can do to get the best out of my kids, and let them get the best out of me. I want to share a couple of my favorite parts...

CHAPTER 1
" If we are going to stay in tune with the Spirit, we're likely going to have to spend some time praying on our feet, whether those prayers are whispered to Heaven while we are tackling a sink full of dirty dishes or comforting a fevered, restless child in the middle of the night. Alma's prayer (Mosiah 18:12) reminds us that praying on our feet is acceptable and likely even pleasing to the Lord."

CHAPTER 2
"While motherhood is not a perfect experience, we are blessed each day to experience perfect moments with our children. We have the opportunity to share many beautiful and perfect moments with our children every day. We just need to awake to those moments and attuned them so we can more fully embrace and enjoy them."

These are just a couple of my favorites of this book. I am a huge reader so if anyone has any "good reads" themselves... let me know!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sounds like an amazing book...You are a fantastic mommy, one day I hope to be just like you! :)

jes said...

it sounds really good, i'll have to get it. i can use all the help and insiration i can get! your bathroom looks cute, and little gracie is a little doll! i used to read all the time, but i haven't for so long i need to get back into the habit! i've always loved to!

Herbert Family said...

I love the part in chapter one about praying on our feet I always feel guilty when I dont get on my knees.