Friday, April 4, 2008

My Day That Would Never End

It all began yesterday morning around 7:30am. Which by the way would not have seemed so early except that I was up 3 times in the night with my hungry 7wk old, when my darling Bailey gave me a wonderful wake up call by climbing in my bed and jumping all over me, and her little sister. Which then scared the living daylights out of Gracie and got her screaming like no tomorrow, which then made Bailey begin to cry for making Gracie cry. I should have known at that very instant that I should just stay in bed that day in order to avoid more chaos, but when duty calls.
We went a long fine for a while, but then it happened. I had to sit down at the computer for a while and do some work, so I was a little preoccupied. Bailey was being oh so very quite and what I thought was good, only to find out that a huge mess was lurking right around the corner. After about 10 minutes Bailey came running into the office with what do you ask? POOP all over her hands, legs, stomach:( Thankfully it was nowhere near her mouth. So, we made a mad dash to the bathtub where I let her soak, and I scoured the house looking for more of that nasty smell. Lo and behold I found some on the floor, so I got my gloves and went to scrubbing. In the middle of getting things cleaned up, Bailey came running out of the bathtub soaking wet, getting water EVERYWHERE. Just as I was closing in on one mess, there was another awaiting.
Finally, nap time for Bailey. Thankfully she went down without a fuss, but that was when Gracie decided it was her turn to give me a run for my money. From that point on she was quite the crier. Not like her at all, but what should I expect from a day like this?
I then ran out for a while to an eye appt. only to find out that not only did I need a stronger prescription for my blind as a bat eyes, but I need reading glasses to wear OVER my contacts while I read and work on the computer. What? I am only 25.
So, the day progressed with terrible two tantrums around every turn, and by about 7:00I am beyond my limit. My normally very easily put to bed 2 year old was put in her room at 7:30 and did not go to sleep until 9:15. My normally decent sleeping 7 week old did not finally close those precious eyes until 12:30am. By 1 I was ready to FINALLY lay down my weary head.
OK I know this is long and very drawn out, but I think I need to remember it for posterity sake, and for the sake of being humbled every now and again when I start to think that I have the world's perfect children.
Anyone else have these kind of days?

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Ouch! So me having a long, un-energized, dirty house day doesn't quite compare, huh?! :)
I mainly just wish you had a picture of the poop everywhere! Hahaha.... ok, maybe SOME people wouldn't have been amuzed by that! :)

Kirsten said...

Yikes, sucks for you but thanks for keeping my stuff in perspective for me! Where was Aaron in all this? Tell him you deserve a day at the spa...

Addie Gaylord said...

That's how it always works, you get one kid handled and think your good and then the other starts right in. The only other thing worse is when both go at it but it sounds like you got that to. Sorry, sounds like one of those horrible no good very bad days and maybe you should move to australia? I love that book:)

jes said...

o wow.. sounds like a rough one!! don't worry, you are not alone! i've had many a day that is almost too much to take! keep your head up! xoxo..

Brooke said...

Wow, that is a BAD day!! You poor thing! You deserve chocolate, and lots of it!! I'm glad you posted it though, I sometimes wonder if other people have crazy days and kiddos like me sometimes!!

Andrea said...

Seriously my whole last weeks had days like that. Last wednesday Landon did almost the exact same thing. That is so weird. Let's just say I was way excited for this weekend :)

Unknown said...

Ashley, this too shall pass. 80) Just keep repeating that to yourself and breathe in and out and have a piece of chocolate. We're here for you whenever you need us.

Farnsworth Family said...

Oh Ash, I am so sorry! I have had day's like those and wanted to pull my hair out. Thank goodness the Lord gave us patiance to deal with those moments.

bematheson said...

Oh you poor thing! and you thought two was easy haha jk. Next time something like that happens just bring bailey over!

Taralee said...

oh wow! ya, I'm pretty sure we all have those days. Days that i wish i was back in high school paint-balling stuff and what not. Oh, or playing catch phrase...i LOVE that game. (focus ashley, focus!) Then there are those priceless moments that makes it all worth it. I love that you posted this. No lace or ribbons or sugar about it...just down right mom stuff.
I love ya ash. Sorry, hope you have a better one.

Unknown said...

Yes, I have had many :) And because I love you so much I will not share a similar experience I had while babysitting an adorable 18 month old "several" years ago, tee hee!