Friday, March 7, 2008

Keeping things in Perspective: A note to myself


My 3 week old. The one who wakes me up once or twice a night to eat even though I would love nothing more than to get a full nights rest; is still the one who cries because she just needs her mommy, and it is a great feeling. The one who, when we are out and about always has to eat or have her diaper changed at the most inopportune time; is still the one who makes me smile just watching her sleep. Giving those cute, little,chubby cheeks just that one last kiss.
I love you Gracie!

My 2 year old. The one who can drive me absolutely crazy because she has decided that she does not need to take naps anymore and has begun to throw fits about it; is still the one who can make me laugh out loud with her silly dance moves that she will bust out with no matter where we are. The one who will proceed with a full on tantrum at the worst possible moment and makes me so frustrated sometimes that I cannot see straight; is still the one who always wants a "huggy" from her mommy that makes my day. The one who drives me crazy sometimes because she WILL NOT leave her little sister alone long enough for me to step out of the room; is still the one who continually gives her baby sister so much love and kisses that is makes my heart melt.
I love you Bailey!

My husband. The one who can drive me crazy with some of his wild ideas; is still the one who can make me smile when it seems like things are falling apart. The one who seems like he is NEVER listening to me when the TV is on; is still the one who works so, so hard for our family that I am amazed by him most of the time. The one who seems to never take anything seriously when I want him to; is still the one who honors his priesthood and blesses our family in so many ways.
I love you Aaron!

3 comments:

Taralee said...

Aw! What a cute post! It is so true. One minute the little tykes can do something and you will be so aggrivated, on the verge of tears...then the next moment have you smiling and bursting with so much love. Gotta love kids! :)

Taralee said...

Oh and ps. I totally remember the cheerleaders cheering at our volleyball games. They were so dumb.

jes said...

so cute..
so did you come up? i never heard from you..